1. What is the difference between a leather patch and a leatherette patch?
Answer: A leather patch is cut from genuine leather. A leatherette patch is cut from a faux leather sheet.
2. What is the difference between a Richardson 112 and a Richardson 112P?
Answer: A Richardson 112 is a no “pattern” hat, so it will have basic color schemes. A Richardson 112P will have patterns.
3. I want to buy a custom patch hat. How do I purchase one?
Answer: It is simple! All you have to do is purchase the respective hat, and during your checkout sequence upload your custom design file. If all of that fails, you can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have to email us your custom design file, please include your full name in the subject line of the email for quick reference.
4. I only want to buy custom patches, with no hats. How do I purchase them?
Answer: Please navigate to our custom patch section of the website, where these products can be located. This can be easily reached by using the Navigation menu at the top of this page. Shop > Custom Patches.
5. How do I upload my custom design file for a custom patch?
Answer: The process is both the same for custom patches & custom patch hats. During your checkout sequence, you will be prompted several times to upload your custom design file. If all of that fails, you can always reach us at email@example.com. If you have to email us your custom design file, please include your full name in the subject line of the email for quick reference.
6. I have a design file, but I am unsure if it is an accepted file type. What file types do you accept?
Answer: At the moment we only accept .JPG (JPEG) & .SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) files. We are actively working on expanding the file types we can accept.
7. I have a design file, but I am unsure if it will engrave properly. What do I do?
Answer: Prior to purchasing, email us your file at firstname.lastname@example.org, and just plainly ask if it will work. We will provide inputs, so you can be confident about your design.
8. Can you laser engrave trademarked images?
Answer: We will not engrave or design based off a trademarked image or logo, unless proof of ownership is provided.
9. What is your refund policy?
Answer: Although we genuinely try to please everyone, it is understood not everyone will like our products. If an order can be cancelled before it ships, we will cancel it, and refund your money. If the order was for a blank hat(s) only, and these can be returned to us (you would have to ship it to us) in unworn/mint condition, we will issue a refund. If the order was for custom patches or custom patch hats, and we have not begun our production process at the time of the request, the order will be cancelled, and we will issue a refund. Otherwise there is a no refund policy in place.
10. Do you have any youth size hats?
Answer: At this time, we do not carry youth size hats. We are currently working to expand our readily available stock, and will get these posted as soon as we can.
11. What is an engravable custom design file?
Answer: The easiest to work with design files are .SVG. It is best if these files are black & white, have no shading, and have clean lines. If it is a .JPG file, please ensure it is a high quality JPG. Although our laser can engrave to very fine detail, it cannot shade a patch. Either it is an engraved section, or it is not.